新教师 For New Teachers
Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
教师守则 Teacher’s Guidelines (sign and return to the board)
- 每个学年结束时（在5月），老师借的投影仪要还给学校理事会。如果老师下个学年不再教课，所借教科书和其他教具（如White Board, Electric Sharpener, 等）也要还给理事会。
Austin Great Wall Chinese School Teacher’s Guidelines
- Make a teaching plan according to the requirements of the school curriculum. At least 75% of students should meet the grade promotion standard at the end of the school year (Lower grade students should master vocabulary, words and grammar, and read textbooks fluently; Higher grade students should also develop some writing skills, knowledge of Chinese culture, geography or history).
- Dress properly, arrive classroom at least five minutes earlier before class begins.
- Please ask the students not to use the classroom materials other than classroom chairs, such as pencil sharpener, computers, books etc. Students may not run and chase each other in the hallway during break.
4 Remember the student’s names as soon as possible
- Prepare lessons and lectures well, check/mark student’s homework, complete grade level teaching plan.
- Ensure classroom discipline, treat student equally.
- Make sure the students read aloud in class, and help students to master vocabulary, words, build habits of daily reading.
- Communicate with parents regarding each lesson and information about future lectures this week, the homework and so on.
- Communicate with the School Board on students and parents for any requirements and recommendations. If the student is not in your class list or on the list but never shown up, please report to the board.
- If the teacher is unable to attend class for any reason, please inform the school board at least two days in advance and also recommend possible substitute teacher, and provide/help the substitute teacher the teaching materials and teaching methods based on syllabus, in a timely fashion.
11 In case you need to resign from the position, please inform the School board at least two months in advance, so that schools have sufficient time to arrange a new teacher without suspending the class.
12 At the end of each school year (in May), the teacher should return projector to the school board. If the teacher is no longer teach for the next academic year, the textbooks and other teaching aids (such as White Board, Electric Sharpener, etc.) must be returned to the school as well.
13 The teachers should not let children of friends, neighbors, relatives and themselves to attend their class without registration.